Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Long-Term Goals

Vivek already posted the brainstorming notes from our last meeting, but I thought I'd elaborate on a few points.

Robotics

There are several robotics competitions that we could theoretically enter -- and, at some point, we hope to. We'll start small, with things like LEGO Mindstorms and other kits, and perhaps build our way up to more fun, useful, crazy ideas.

Like a hovering robot... oo....

With a mounted potato gun...

Ooo....

Hovercraft

Unfortunately, a hovercraft like the one we're hoping to eventually make (see earlier post) is extremely hard to build and would take a very, very long time. We're certainly still hoping to make one -- it will just take a long, long time. :)

Cloning

While I'm certainly happy people are enthusiastic about throwing out wild ideas -- that's the whole point of brainstorming, after all -- this one's, well, just a wee little bit unlikely.

Not to mention illegal.

So I'd say we won't be cloning any time soon...

:-)

1 comment:

Toph said...

Tell that to the cops as they haul you away. And don't worry about my silence and denial of any involvement -- deep down inside, know that I'm on your side.